Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Happy Birthday Barry!

Happy Birthday Barry! I love you so much and appreciate all that you do for me and our family. You're the best!
We made Barry some strawberry roses and delivered them to the clinic. This year the kids had their own ideas of what to get their dad for his birthday. Kara knew she had to get him soda.

Tanner thought Barry would enjoy his own gallon of milk!


I gave him the best gift of all....his ipod. I lost it, I thought at the YMCA and we both thought it was gone forever. We searched and searched and never found it, until just about a week ago. I didn't tell him I found it and decided I would re-gift it to himself. He was happy to have it back. Notice the Dwight inspired decorations!

Tracy and Steven watched the kids while we went to Cozumel's for some fine Mexican dining.

I made Barry his favorite oatmeal cake that his mom makes. Barry and I really liked it, but the kids were not too impressed.










6 comments:

Shalae said...

I love the decorations! I'll have to remember that at our next birthday get together! So funny! Happy Birthday, Barry!

Lynn Gurney said...

Happy Birthday Barry. Jodes, I love the chocolate strawberry roses! Also, the decorations made me laugh.

VA Bradshaws said...

i love the gift ideas. re-gifting their own stuff...not a bad idea. i'll have to remember that next time. and those strawberries look yummy. happy birthday barry!

Katy said...

Hahaha!! I love that you gave barry his ipod! He was probably so surprised. Re-gifting is the best!! I didn't know Barry liked milk. Was the Mountain Dew inspired by him being a resident? Gotta get through those night shifts somehow!! Happy birthday Barry!!

caalaina said...

Ok, so I have been blog snooping or whatever you call it a few times. Hey Barry- oddly enough I did remember your birthday as well. Looks like you have a great family and an astute job. BTW you owe me $20. We bet you would be a vet. Alaina Pickett -Taylor

caalaina said...

Oh ya- the Dwight inspired baloons made me LOL