Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Frost Bite and Reading Fight


Kara putting her make-up on for the tea party.

It was the first day back to work and school, so Barry got up early to get ready for Peds. I was up just after him to make sure all the car seats were out of the car and in the van. Just as I was going to the car I noticed that our thermometer said it was 5 degrees and that we got a dusting of snow. Barry followed me out to the garage, we moved the car seats and I thought I would shovel some snow. I got cold fast and went to go inside and dun dun dun...the door was locked. I was concerned because the kids were all asleep when we went outside. I knocked on the door in hopes that someone would hear. In the back of my mind I really wondered if the kids would answer the door because I have grilled in their brains not to answer the door without me there. Since no one was answering the door I thought I would shovel some more snow. I knocked on the front door and luckily Kara peaked out and saw me. I yelled for her to open the garage door. I was so glad to get in before I got frost bite.

Kara still was feeling under the weather, but I made her come with me to Target to get some Christmas decorations 75% off. Kara put on three pairs of underwear to keep her warm. I ended up buying us a nutcracker that the kids have wanted all Christmas season and some other things. We came home and had a tea party where Kara did our hair and makeup. Kendra had goldfish for the first time and loved them. Then we watched a couple movies and Kara fell asleep.

Tanner was home for about an hour and then all heck broke loose when I asked him to read me his homework. He was screaming about how he hates reading and didn't know why he had to read. There was no reasoning with him about any of it. The book the teacher sent home was "Fishing With Grandpa." After being sent to his room after a major rampage he finally calmed down enough to read his story. He finished the book with no problems and said that was easy, and I said, "You even liked." He smiled and laughed. I was glad to get that over with. I can't imagine what it will be like when he has lots of homework.






No comments: