Thursday, January 29, 2009

Seen and Heard

Barry was tucking Kara into bed sometime last month.
Barry: "Kara you seem a little sad."
Kara: "I don't think I like my school any more."
Barry: "Are you having a tough time with friends?"
Kara: "Yes, they didn't want to play with me (later I found out that she did something to annoy them so that's why they didn't want to play with her)."
Barry: "Kara I want you to always remember that no matter what happens at school with friends or if you are just having a hard day that I love you and your mom loves you and you can come and tell us anything."
Kara: (after a moment of thought) "Dad, do you think you can write that down for me so I can always remember that." (Cute, Kara can't read yet, but she wanted it written down.)
Barry: "Sure."
Kara goes to sleep and wakes up the next morning.
Kara: "Dad, remember what you said last night."
Barry: "Yep. (Smiling at Kara)"
Kara looked up at him with a big smile!


Kara: "Mom, I love this dinner. I think that when I am all grown up and have kids that my kids will like this (homemade mac and cheese), can I get the recipe?"
Jodie: "Sure, we'll have to make a recipe book for you with all your favorite recipes. What recipes do you like best."
Kara: "Taco Salad, Jello, Rice Crispy Treats, Taco Soup, Shells and Cheese, Peanut butter cookies, Chicken and rice soup......."


Barry was giving the kids a lesson in finances and what assets and liabilities are. During the discussion he expressed the importance of always paying tithing. Tanner said (about paying tithing), "Getting blessings is more important than getting money." I was impressed! This is a big step for Tanner to say this because the first time he paid tithing he was four. He took his tithing envelope up to the Bishop, shook his hand and came back to sit down and immediately said, "Well that was a big waste of money!" He has obviously matured and gained a testimony of tithing.

1 comment:

Caskie Jill said...

Too cute! It's nice that you are writing this fun stuf down that your kids say! Kara is still as sweet as ever!