Friday, April 18, 2008

Warranty

Barry called Home Depot because our washer (that is less than one year old) was not working properly. The spin cycle didn't spin! Home Depot told us that a repairman would be out to our house between 8am and 5pm the next day, I'm not sure why they couldn't narrow the time down just a little because I had to be home waiting. The guy finally came and told me that the transmission needed to be replaced and that only the part was covered under warranty and that the labor on it would be $200. Well, when you only pay $250 for a washer, it's hard to want to pay $200 to fix it. Barry was sure that it should all be covered under warranty. So Barry and I made a few phone calls to get the guy back to fix the washer without having a $200 bill. A couple of hours later he came back and fixed it. I'm just wondering if there is any way to get an extended warranty...we need this to last us a few more years. Do not buy a GE washer, I guess this happens frequently and we didn't do our homework. At the time we were in a hurry to get it.

No comments: